Just a quick catchup:
- Even with a very mild winter, we had an awesome winter with lots of skiing (due to our local ski resort's new snowmaking abilities!)
- I had a bad ski fall (about the worst I have ever had in 26 years of skiing) and was so grateful that I was wearing my helmet, as the brunt of the fall was on the base of my skull...I think I suffered a minor concussion and took a week of resting before I resumed my activities...time for a new ski helmet! If you ski without a helmet, please consider wearing one. I cannot even imagine what could have happened had I not been wearing my helmet.
- The kids were awesome in their progress in skiing and attempting new tricks and bigger air, which made their momma suffer a bit more stress!
- My Anabear has kicked her mono to the curb and is getting more and more energy!
- We had 10 days between ski season and wakeboarding season which is absolutely unheard of in North Central Ohio..we have had a very early and beautiful spring...tulips are in bloom and it is still March! Foster was able to go boating with some friends and he enjoyed his first wakeboarding session since his knee injury last fall. I was worried about hypothermia, but the water was already 71 degrees and he wore his wetsuit. His text to me "Mom, I don't have hypothermia".
- Although my MSU Spartans made it to the Sweet 16, they did not make it past that point. I was really bummed because they had an awesome season! But, my runner up fave team, the OSU Buckeyes, are in the Final Four! Do you remember my post from a few years ago explaining my team allegiances? You can go here if you want to read about it.
- Soccer season is in full swing. We are practicing 4 nights/week and are awaiting the game schedule. Spring is upon us!!
- I have been playing tennis and hope my game improves before summer. My forehand has improved but my backhand has declined. Why is it that when one thing improves, another goes downhill? The kids are still playing tennis, while also playing soccer.
- I am the last person in the world to be reading Hunger Games. Better late than never, right?
One reason I have been absent from my blog is because I have been working on a few projects. I have a few "teaser" pictures for you and will be sure to post the final results when I complete them.
This is our dining room turned music room. I had it painted a few years ago and I love the color. (Pratt& Lambert Safari) At that time I put in the new light fixture and plenty of can lights. It really needed better lighting. Recently, I bought the painting (Home Goods) and switched the chairs to this room from the study. This room is one of the first rooms that you see when you enter our home. This rug is going to be replaced and we already added a new piece of furniture, which I will show you in an upcoming post! (cliffhanger)
"Teaser" Pic for Music Room~The Before (Stay tuned for the After)
I posted awhile back about likes and dislikes of my laundry room/mud room. Well this room is finally getting a new paint job and hip hip hurray for new flooring. I am going with the paint color on the right (Pratt & Lambert Sea Grass). It is a soft blue/green heading toward a seafoam green.
Pergo Boathouse Pine (Lowe's~special order~)....new flooring..yipppeeee! It is whitewashed and distressed with some grays and natural wood peeking through. It is going to look fresh in here! I cannot wait to be rid of the "forest green marbled" linoleum, that I have endured for 9 1/2 long years. IN WITH THE NEW!!
I was inspired to start on my new projects by reading Kim's What I Want to Be When I Grow Up and her indecision and decisions on paint colors. Thanks for getting me back on track, Kim!
My real life and bloggy friend Michelle has taken up a new/old hobby and I have enjoyed reading about it at Emerald Cove. Remember we met last year at our favorite lake? I need to get out on the water and practice my water skiing because she can SKI!
And have you heard about my bloggy friend Pam? She is moving to Paris with her family!! You can read about her exciting adventures at Views from My Kitchen Sink.
Another bloggy friend, Val, has found true love after suffering a profound loss. She is a photographer and has a very inspiring story. You can find her at In the Moment.
I will be back with more updates and pictures.