|This was taken by Ana from her bedroom window through a screen at sunset the other night. She took it with her videocam that has a 5 megapixel camera. |
Glorious, wouldn't you say?
My word of the year this year is ORGANIZE! I really thought long and hard about this one and it kept coming back to me that the more organized I am, the more free time I will have to spend with my family & friends. I first wrote down (with a pen & paper!) all of the things I felt I did well in 2010. I was surprised that the list was so long!! Then my husband suggested a few things that I had not remembered, so I had to add a few more. I really liked the process of looking back on 2010. I think part of the reason I had many things on my list was because of blogging. I love the interactive part of blogging & the immediate feedback. Here are posts of a few accomplishments:
update to my son's bedroom (think ski!)
summer laundry room ( i will have to do this again, after ski season!)
If you tend to be a procrastinator ( I am, too much thinking going on here!) then you need to join up with Amy at New Nostalgia who hosts a linky party on Tuesdays call Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays. Amy is an incredible blogger & is fighting breast cancer and has recently undergone a double mastectomy. She will be hosting Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays again on January 11, 2011. So go get your post ready & send some love to Amy!
One project that I never fully blogged is my shutter project. Remember I agonized over whether to paint the existing or buy new? It was #3 on my list here. I promise to give you photos & a full post in the near future.
I did post my first video, held my first giveaway, my first interview with blogger Suzanne of beachouseetc, held my first linky party and made my first blog header in Picasa in 2010.
Last night I spent a few hours on a new blog header & it didn't work. It appeared to be perfect & then when I clicked on "collage" it wrapped my words, so that you could only see half of them! Does that ever happen to you? So, to all of you that have new blog headers for 2011, I am not lazy just technologically challenged, at the moment! And yes, I am envious of you!
Here are a few things I have already done in the first week of this year:
- cut down on coffee ( I am down to 3 x 8 ounce cups and heading down to 2x8 ounce cups)
- figured out how to get Ana's videos on the computer from her new Kodak Playsport videocam~it is waterproof & so much fun! Had to return her Flip because I could not get it to charge. Love Kodak & think they should sponsor me since I have always loved their products. It is the only brand of point & shoot that I will own!
- put kids on a new schedule for tennis, which is working out really well!
- moved all of my 2010 papers to storage
- did my ballet workout, it is a good stretch & great for the lower body without being too hard on the knees
- a clean house~woot, woot!
Some of the things I want to accomplish in 2011:
- make a blog book~if you have done this, I would love to know how you did it
- streamline my time in making new blog headers
- clean my junk drawers
- clean my sock drawer
- come up with a plan for all of my photos, both digital & printed
- print photo books for each of the kids
- transfer more video to dvd
- organize a prayer group~any ideas for non denominational?
- get in shape for slalom skiing~see my post on slalom skiing
- post about women business owners & The Steeple Project
- learn how to use my new camera (after I buy one, maybe in a few months!)
- make decision on computer which is having memory problems & is soon to be outdated
- continue to learn how to relax
- and many decorating projects, so you will have to follow along on my adventures!
Are YOU trying to get more organized in 2011? Maybe one of these posts will help you:
|2 of my favorite skiers. Love those smiles & the dimple! Photo credit: Ana.|
Here is my Anti Procrastination list for this week:
- ski (that's what we do here in Ohio in January!)
- clean sock drawer (stop laughing Rich!)
- reconcile October, November & December checking statements (wish I could do it every month!)
It is a short list, but realistic!
I am hoping that you are off to a great start in 2011. Looking forward to sharing with you my long lists & hopefully some pretty photos!
I am finding it difficult to post, as I am without my SLR camera. But don't worry, I am finding ways to get around it. You may even see a video on here. I know, crazy things are happening here at checkitoff. I mean holy cow, only 3 cups of coffee. It's going to be a great year!