Tuesday, March 18, 2014

How Can It Be?

How can it be that the time is here for college visits for our oldest child? This weekend she will be going on her first "official" college visit. And my mind is just wondering how can it already be that time in our lives?

When our kids were younger, people would tell us how fast the time would go and that before we knew it we would be looking at colleges rather than pre-schools. It seems those people really knew what they were talking about. I am glad that I listened to a lot of the "sidewalk/grocery store advice" about raising kids because they were right. The young years go fast. The junior high and high school years have speeded up even more.

I am happy with the fun ages of our kids and the ability for us to enjoy conversation together. Most of our conversations take place around the dinner table. I enjoy cooking for our family. Like most families, we juggle evening commitments to sports and music and meetings and projects. It is pretty difficult to get all of us together to eat at the same time. We try to eat together, as often as possible.  I like trying new recipes and making each person's favorite meal for their birthday. As time goes on, I am curious to see what the kids remember, as they get older about the conversations and food we shared together. A meal brings out prayers and conversations and allows us to share in each other's lives.
"The oldest form of theater is the dinner table. It's got five or six people, new show every night, same players. Good ensemble; the people have worked together a lot." Michael J. Fox  I couldn't agree with you more, Michael!

I would love to hear about your dinner table and your thoughts about family time.

Feeling blessed,
Cathy

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe Ana is looking at colleges either! Wow! Too soon! Enjoy all the college visits. I remember every single one I went on with my mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, i KNOW! how did we get here, Cathy??

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete

I truly LOVE your comments and hope that you will take a second and share your thoughts with me! I will return the favor, too!