Monday, February 22, 2010

Carnival Weekend

Does your town or city have a favorite event that everyone looks forward to? Ours is the Ski Carnival. Our ski resort is filled with the smell of grilling brats & hot dogs & sauerkraut & adult beverages! There are contests for the kids & adults. Some involve skiing & boarding & some do not. If you were there this past weekend, you already know that it was a fantastic time! A few of my favorite shots, some taken by me & some by my favorite assistant (hubby)! Enjoy!

Miss A who raced & took second place in her division, posing as Olympic skier Lindsey Vonn:


Mr. F & friend Mr. J, such nice boys:


Racing:
On top of the hill Miss, A, Miss Boo & hubby:

Mr. F & Mr S taking in the Alpine events:

The lodge, (love the American flag):



The Mt. Dew Slush Cup, where skiers/boarders come flying down the hill & try to make it over a vat of colored COLD water: Some make it & some don't!


I picked up this wild guy (you never know what might happen at Carnival!!

Hope you enjoyed the photo tour. We sure did enjoy the Carnival & meeting up with friends & watching the kids have a great time!

1 comment:

  1. Cathy! Hi there! I just now read one of your comments on my blog that mentioned you had a blog! I'm sorry I didn't see it earlier! I thought you and Pam were just friends,and you came on over to see me. LOVE your blog and photos!! My hub's from Ohio. I just blogged about his town (Green Thumbs) and his amazing gardening skills. I love that you garden too....sounds like you're a wonderfully busy mom and wife! Do you ever come to Colorado and ski? You'll have to stop by the ranch for a visit sometime if you do. Breckenridge and Vail aren't too far away. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I truly LOVE your comments and hope that you will take a second and share your thoughts with me! I will return the favor, too!