Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Baja Baby!

Looking for something yummy and easy to make? This is a quick and delicious meal! I usually make it when it is cold outside. Like today.

This is a picture of the dinner before the pasta was added:

I used my daughter's Kodak Playsport videocam to film it and then uploaded it to Youtube. I may get this blogging thing down some day!! I filmed this a few weeks ago. It is only 47 seconds long so you have to watch it!


I also serve it with blue chips and roasted salsa verde from *Target*.

I adapted this recipe from another blogger. If you are the blogger that originally posted this recipe, please let me know and I will give you credit and a link!

Baja Chipotle Beef & Pasta Dinner
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 small onion, diced
1 green pepper, washed & diced
1 can corn (drained)
1 can petite diced tomatoes, do not drain
1 can black beans (drained)
1 box wagon wheel pasta, cooked and drained

Brown ground beef. Pour off drippings. Add green pepper and onion and cook just until a bit tender. Add corn, diced tomatoes, black beans and cooked pasta. Stir over heat until heated all the way through.~this is the point that I put some aside for my little one that doesn't like it spicy~ Add desired amount of Baja Chipotle sauce and stir. Serve warm. You can top it with shredded cheese or sour cream, if desired. Also delicious with blue corn chips & roasted salsa verde, as pictured above!

Thinking warm thoughts!

hugs,
 


7 comments:

  1. Darn! I wish our speakers worked on the computer...we need to get new ones! This dish looks easy and delcious!! We love spicy...I am definately making this one! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks tasty! Thanks for the recipe!! Love the video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love new recipes! Especially the tried and true. Thanks a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love spicy! My favorite! This looks so yummy and the wagon wheels are perfect for kids, it makes it fun too! The video was great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good. I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, cathy, I don't know how I missed this one - YUM!! I love that you put it on video, too ... super cute! Adding all of this to the monday grocery list for sure ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I truly LOVE your comments and hope that you will take a second and share your thoughts with me! I will return the favor, too!