Friday, July 1, 2011

I found this picture this morning when I was loading pics to my computer. It just spoke volumes to me. There is always so much more to a picture than what you see. And sometimes we need to see the picture to illuminate something that we cannot see, perhaps because we are too close. This picture just moves me. I love the pointed toes and the outstretched arms. The suntanned back and the shoulder muscles. The poise balanced with the power. It just evokes a certain strength to me. 

So this is my 8 year old. She is brave and fearless, yet very tender hearted. This picture was taken a few nights ago. She ended up failing the dive. It was supposed to be with a half twist. I was the announcer and read what was written on her dive sheet, but there was a mixup between her and the coach and what dives they had discussed her doing. She ended up failing 2 dives that night. In my eyes, she was simply awesome.  She also did a front flip and landed on her back. It too was a failed dive but I was so proud of her for trying it. She has had a hard week trying to figure out how to work with her coach. Championships are one week away and she has lost her desire to dive. We have had little talks and she made a list to review with her coach. So when I saw this picture, I almost cried to see such perfection.

I have a feeling this girl is going to do important things in her life. She may not be a diver, but she sure does have so many things figured out for being an 8 year old. Although it isn't easy, I am enjoying watching her stretch her boundaries.

And I guess that is what my kids have taught me, that it is ok to stretch and go outside of my boundaries, particularly if it isn't easy.
hugs,
Cathy M.

4 comments:

  1. Cathy, that picture is GREAT! She may not feel like a diver right now, but that picture should show her that she IS a diver. Wishing her luck at the championship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a failed dive? 'Cause it just looks beautiful. And she's only 8?? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing photo Cathy and after meeting her I would say that she is destined for great things as well, especially with such a great spirit and attitude and never giving up. :) I would be a very proud mama too. I hope you guys made it home safely and are having a good week. It was so great to meet you and your wonderful family. I need to email you some pics soon!
    Enjoy your week and stay cool!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. you keep me inspired with the redecorating and cleaning out closets. Now I must continue having fun in the sun also. Thanks for keeping me on track. Be sure to check my quote for today and the rest of the week. You may want to use a few on your blog someday. Hugs & Kisses, Mom

    ReplyDelete

I truly LOVE your comments and hope that you will take a second and share your thoughts with me! I will return the favor, too!